After taking a capture, or manually trying to open the Snagit Editor, it will not display.
There was an issue in Snagit 2024.0.3 that caused a crash on startup please use this link to update your version to 2024.0.4 to fix that issue: 2024.0.4
Option 1: End SnagitEditor.exe in Task Manager
- Hit ctrl + alt + del and click Task Manager
- On the processes tab, Right-click SnagitEditor.exe and choose End Task.
- Try opening up Snagit Editor again.
Option 2: Restart Your Computer
We have seen this issue be resolved by restarting the computer.
Option 3: Remove the Tools.xml File
- Close out of Snagit so it is not running at all. Make sure by opening your task manager (ctrl + alt + delete) and click on the Processes tab and make sure that SnagitCapture.exe, SnagPriv.exe, and SnagitEditor.exe are not running
- Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and hit the R key to open the Run window
- Type the following and then hit Enter: %localappdata%\TechSmith\Snagit\
- Delete the Tools.xml.file
- Go into the 23 folder and delete any xml file that starts with Tools
- Try Snagit again and see if it works
If none of these options resolve the issue, contact Support by clicking the Support widget in the bottom right hand corner.