When attempting to save a project with Camtasia Mac an error appears stating that it is unable to save the project.
Reason 1: File and/or Folder Contain Symbols
Avoid symbols in file and folder names (@, #, %, etc.). File name should contain lowercase, uppercase, and/or numbers for file to open.
Reason 2: File Is Downloaded from a Drive
Save file to the local hard drive instead of a Network or Cloud drive (Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud synced drive).
Reason 3: File Not Saved as a Standalone Project
Always keep media and project files on a local hard drive and save your projects as a standalone project.
If the project is not saved as a standalone project, move the media file to its original location.
Reason 4: Importing Media Does Not Save File
If the project can't be saved after importing a media file, move or rename the media file.
Reason 5: Content on Timeline Does Not Work in Project File
Move content on timeline to a new project.
- Select all content on the timeline by pressing Command-A.
- Select Edit > Copy.
- Select File > New Project.
- Select Edit > Paste . The content is now visable.
- Select File > Save As and save project to the local hard drive.
Reason 6: Copy of File Does Not Work
Restore file from a backup copy of the project. If all else fails, follow the instructions below:
- Control-click the .cmproj file.
- Select Show Package Contents.
- Control-click project.tscproj and/or ~project.tscproj.
- Add .BAK extension at the end of the file name.
- Return to the .cmproj file and open it.
If none of these workarounds resolve the problem, contact support for assistance.