How do I capture a dropdown menu using Snagit?
Snagit 13 and Later
Use the Menu to capture a dropdown or cascading menu.
- Open Snagit Capture.
- Click Image on the left-hand side.
- Select Menu under the Selection dropdown.
- Click Menu Properties within the Selection dropdown.
- Capture Open Sub-Menus: Capture the open flyout or submenus.
- Capture Menu Bar: Capture the menu bar label with the menu capture.
- Enable Time Delay to set up additional time to open the menu to capture on the screen.
- Select Delay and set number of seconds for delay.
- Click Capture or press Print Screen.
The countdown will then begin. Open the desired menu and move the cursor over the menu to capture.
Tip: Save a Preset
To save the capture settings for future use, select + > New Preset from Current Settings.
First, we need to set up a delay capture profile in Snagit.
- Hover over the capture window, then click the button below the red button and select Manage Profiles.
- Click New Profile and name the profile.
- Click the timer icon at the bottom under settings.
- Adjust the delay. When the time is set, click Apply > OK.
- Assign a hotkey to this profile.
- Click Save and close out of Profile Manager.
When you press the hotkey you specified or click the profile name from the capture window, you will notice a countdown timer in the bottom right corner of your screen. While it is counting down, bring up the content you are trying to capture and hold it on the screen. Once the timer is complete, the screen will freeze and the cross hairs will appear allowing you to capture that content.
To view related articles, see Image Tab Settings.