How do I capture a drop down menu using Snagit?
Please use the instructions found here.
First we need to set up a delay capture profile in Snagit.
- Hover over the Snagit capture window, then click on the button below the red button, and choose Manage Profiles
- Click New Profile, and then name the new profile
- Click the timer icon at the bottom under settings.
- Adjust the delay to your liking, click Apply > OK
- Assign a hotkey to this profile
- Click Save and close out of the Profile Manager.
Now, when you hit that hotkey you specified (or click on the profile name from the capture window), you will notice a countdown timer in the bottom right corner of your screen. While that is counting down, bring up the content you are trying to capture (for example a right click menu) and hold it on the screen. Once the timer completes, the screen will freeze and the cross hairs will appear allowing you to capture that content.