How do I capture a drop down menu using Snagit?
Snagit 13 and later
Use the Menu option to capture a dropdown or cascading menu.
- In the Capture window, select the Image tab.
- In the Selection dropdown, select Menu.
- Click the Menu Properties button.
- Capture opened sub-menus: Capture the open flyout or submenus.
- Capture menu bar: Capture the menu bar label with the menu capture.
- Enable the Time Delay option to set up additional time to open the menu to capture on the screen.
- Select the Delay option and set number of seconds for the delay.
- Click the Capture button or press Print Screen.
- The countdown begins. Open the desired menu. Move the cursor over the menu to capture.
TIP: Save a Preset
To save the capture settings for future use, select Add Preset dropdown > New preset from current settings.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.
First we need to set up a delay capture profile in Snagit.
- Hover over the Snagit capture window, then click on the button below the red button, and choose Manage Profiles
- Click New Profile, and then name the new profile
- Click the timer icon at the bottom under settings.
- Adjust the delay to your liking, click Apply > OK
- Assign a hotkey to this profile
- Click Save and close out of the Profile Manager.
Now, when you hit that hotkey you specified (or click on the profile name from the capture window), you will notice a countdown timer in the bottom right corner of your screen. While that is counting down, bring up the content you are trying to capture (for example a right click menu) and hold it on the screen. Once the timer completes, the screen will freeze and the cross hairs will appear allowing you to capture that content.