When starting a capture, screen no longer dims and the cross hairs do not extend to the edge of the screen.
To enable the simplified the simplified crosshairs in Snagit 2018 and later, follow these steps.
- Open the main Snagit capture window.
- Select File > Capture Preferences.
- Click the Capture tab.
- Select Simplified crosshairs.
Snagit will automatically detect if it is running inside of a virtual evnrionment (ex. remote desktop). If a virtual environment is detected, Snagit will use the simplified crosshairs.
High Resolution Environments
Snagit 2018 and later will automatically apply the simplified crosshairs if any of the following conditions are true.
- There are two or more monitors with resolutions greater than 1920x1200.
- There are more than three monitors.
The simplified crosshairs may be enabled as a result of the troubleshooting steps in the support article, Snagit (Windows): Crashes or the Cross Hairs Are Sluggish When Trying to Take a Capture.