When attempting to connect TechSmith Fuse to Snagit by scanning the QR code, Snagit displays a message indicating that it is unable to connect.
McAfee Firewall, one of the many security software's in the McAfee Security Suites, blocks Snagit from connecting to Fuse. For Fuse to connect to Snagit, the appropriate ports need to be opened through the McAfee Firewall. To open the ports, follow these steps:
- Open McAfee.
- Select Firewall under Web and Email Protection.
- Select Firewall.
- Click Ports and System Services.
- Click Add at the bottom right. Fill out the form using the information below:
- System Service Name: Snagit
- System Service Category: Leave Blank
- Service Description: Snagit/Fuse
- Local TCP/IP Ports: 8299
- Local UDB Ports: Leave Blank
- Open ports to: All PCs
- Forward port activity to other PC's using Internet Connection Sharing: Leave Unchecked
- Click Save.
After saving the information, it will direct you to the list of open ports. View the list and verify that the new rule named "Snagit" has been created and selected. If the rule is deselected, the port would not be enabled and Snagit would not connect to Fuse.