Why can't I see my images in Microsoft Word when I paste them into a document?
Microsoft Word contains separate drawing and text layers. When you paste an image into a document to float over text, the image is inserted into the drawing layer. In Normal and Outline views, the drawing layer is not visible. This issue can occur if you do not have the "In line with text" option selected in Normal view. Here are some options to try:
- Select a different view option from the View menu.
- Change the picture formatting layout to "in line with text" while in Normal view:
- Select Tools > Options > Edit > Insert/paste pictures as > In line with text.
- Enable the Drawings option:
- Select Tools > Options > View > Enable Drawings.
- Disable the Picture placeholders option:
- Select Tools > Options > View > Disable Picture placeholders.