When saving an image as a PDF, there is a white space within the PDF.
The Snagit PDF output is designed as a quick way to send a screenshot of a web page or desktop as a PDF file. Postscript Document Format (PDF) is designed for printing. PDF output will automatically fit your screen capture onto a 8.5 x 11 format page at printer resolution which is 300 DPI.
The screen capture may look small in this page, as screen captures are at screen resolution which is 72 DPI. When adjusting page size in Snagit, the PDF now reads the white space within it as part of the postscript image. Snagit does not include options to edit or crop Postscript documents.
If you would like to create a PDF file that is not a full printed page or does not include white space, use the Snagit printer.
- Set output to file and save as BMP, JPG, PNG, or TIF.
- Open the saved image in your image viewer application.
- Select File > Print or right-click the image and select Print.
- Select Snagit Printer from the dropdown menu and click OK. Then, click Print.
- Save the PDF and click Finish.