How do I capture directly to image using the print screen key?
Snagit 13 and later
- Open the main Snagit capture window by clicking on Start > TechSmith folder > Snagit 13 (red icon).
- Confirm that the Print Screen key is the global capture hotkey. This will show under the red button. If it is not Print Screen, click in that area and then hit the Print Screen key to change it.
- Select the Image capture mode on the left
- Confirm that the capture settings are correct
- Now, when hitting the red button or the Print Screen key, those capture settings will be used.
By default, in Snagit 12 the Print Screen key is set to be the Global Capture Hotkey for Snagit. This will trigger the default workflow, where the area of the screen is selected > choose Image or Video > Opens in the Editor. If you would like the Print Screen key to capture directly to Image as described in this tutorial, please follow the steps below.
- Hover over the Snagit capture window, click on the gear icon > Preferences > Hotkeys tab.
- Change the Global Capture Hotkey to something other than just Print Screen, for example Shift + Print Screen
- Click Apply
- Hover over the Snagit capture window, and open the Manage Profiles window.
- Select the Image capture profile, and set the hotkey to Print Screen.