A new video capture results in one, or both of the errors below.
Please follow the steps below to correct the problem.
Option 1: Check for Updates
- Open Snagit.
- From the file menu, select Help > Check for Updates.
- Download and install any available updates.
Option 2: Change Audio Recording Method
- Exit Snagit and the Snagit Editor. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Features\snagit.
- Click the snagit folder.
- Right-click the AllowMfAudioCapture item on the right and select Modify.
- Change the Value data field from 1 to 0, and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor, and open Snagit, and try a new recording.
If the problem continues, please follow the steps in this support article.