After a video has been recorded and opened in the Snagit Editor, the picture only shows the initializing screen, or is blank. The audio still plays back, or the cursor movement may still be recorded.
Please try the suggestions below to fix the problem.
Option 1: Update Snagit
First make sure the latest version of Snagit is installed. To make sure, open Snagit and click Help > Check for updates.
Option 2: Change Record Method (Snagit 2018 and Later)
- Exit Snagit and the Snagit Editor. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Features\snagit.
- Click the snagit folder.
- Right-click the AllowDxgiScreenCapture item on the right and select Modify.
- Change the Value data field from 1 to 0, and press OK.
- Close the Registry Editor, and open Snagit, and try a new recording.