When installing the System Audio Component the install fails. Recording system audio on MacOS 11 (Big Sur) with Camtasia results in distorted audio, or no audio at all.
Camtasia 2020: Latest version of Camtasia 2020
Camtasia 2019: Latest version of Camtasia 2019
If the problems continue, try the suggestions below.
Option 1: Remove Old Plugin
- Quit Camtasia.
- Open a Finder window.
- Select Go > Go to folder from the menu bar.
- Type the following and click Go:
- Delete the ACE.driver folder
- Restart the computer
- Install the system audio component from here.
Option 2: Reinstall the component
- Open Camtasia.
- Select Camtasia 2020 > Preferences.
- Select the Recording tab and then click on Uninstall Plugin.
- Close Camtasia and restart the computer.
- Download and install the System Audio Component for MacOS 11 Big Sur.
Option 3: Authorize the System Audio Plugin
- After installing the System Audio Plugin if you see an error that it needs to be authorized please open the macOS System Preferences.
- Open Security & Privacy.
- Select General and click the Padlock. Then enter the computer password to make changes.
- Click Allow next to System software from developer "Rogue Amoeba Software, LLC" was blocked from loading.
- Try restarting Camtasia and recording again.
macOS 11 (Big Sur) requires Camtasia 2019 or later. If you are using a previous version this has not been updated to work with the latest macOS. You can view our macOS support matrix in this article.