Snagit is installed and I would like to change the language.
Snagit 2019 and later
The language can be changed within the Editor with the following steps:
- Open the Snagit Editor.
- Select Edit > Editor Preferences.
- In the General tab select the language drop-down menu, and then select your desired language.
Snagit 2021 was the first version to include Spanish, Portuguese, and Japanese
- Select File > Exit in both the Editor and the Capture Window, and verify in the Task Manager Snagit is not running in the background processes.
- Relaunch Snagit.
Snagit 2018 and earlier
This will require you uninstall and reinstall Snagit. Make sure you have your license key before uninstalling Snagit.
- Uninstall only the versions of Snagit you wish to change the language. To uninstall, see this article.
- Reboot your computer.
- Reinstall Snagit from the downloads page.
- Choose the desired language from the drop-down (A).
- Select the I accept the License Terms (B) checkbox and click Install (C). Or, click Options (D) to customize the settings.