When installing the System Audio Component the System Extension is blocked or the install cannot be authorized and fails on macOS 11 (Big Sur).
Please make sure you are running the latest version of Snagit. From the menu bar, select Snagit > Check for Updates to install the latest version. If the problems continue, try the suggestions below:
Enable the System Extension
- When the System Extension Blocked message appears click Open Security Preferences.
- Click the lock to make changes and then enter the computer password and then click Enable system extensions...
- To enable system extensions, you need to modify the security settings in the Recovery environment.
To do this, shut down your system. Then press and hold the Touch ID or power button to launch Startup Security Utility. In Startup Security Utility, enable kernel extensions from the Security Policy button. Use macOS Recovery on a Mac with Apple silicon.
- When the Recovery environment loads select a user with administrator privileges and click Next. Enter the login password and click Continue. The Startup Security Utility should load automatically and can also be accessed from the Utilities menu. Here you will select your system drive and then click Security Policy...
- Switch to Reduced Security and enable the first checkbox, “Allow user management of kernel extensions from identified developers”. The “Reduced Security” setting still provides your Mac with powerful security, only allowing approved Apple operating systems to run.
- Enter your password and the new security policy is applied. Click the Apple menu in the top left corner and select Restart.
- A new message stating the System Extension Blocked should appear. Click Open Security Preferences.
- Open Security & Privacy if it did not automatically open.
- Select General and click the Padlock. Then enter the computer password to make changes.
- Click Allow next to System software from developer "Rogue Amoeba Software, LLC" was blocked from loading.
If the Allow button does not appear, restart your computer and open System Preferences again.
- A restart will be required. Please restart the computer and the TechSmith System Audio Capture Component will be installed.
If there is still an error or the audio component is not installed we do have a pre-release version of Snagit available for testing. If you would like to test this version please fill out the form here.