What is the LUT Effect and how is it used?
LUT (known as Lookup Table) is a term used to describe a predetermined array of numbers that provide a shortcut for a specific computation. In the context of color grading, a LUT transforms color input values (camera) to your desired output values (final footage).
Why use LUTs on footage?
- Set a predetermined look for a specific visual feeling
- Increase the speed at which you can color grade
- Use as a reference point to develop your unique style
How to use the LUT Effect with Camtasia
- Drag the LUT Effect to the media on the timeline you would like to change.
- In the LUT Properties click Open CUBE file.
- Once you have opened a CUBE file you can adjust settings in the Properties including turning LUT on and off.