6 February, 2018: Snagit 2018.1.0
- Added snapping for objects on canvas.
- Better support for auto-selecting PowerPoint and Word windows during capture.
- Changes to wording and layout in trial and unlocking workflow.
- Floating properties in Snagit Editor now always shows font name.
- Added extra-low frame rate setting for video recording.
- Can again use the enter key to start a crosshair selection.
- Adjusted some dark theme button and tab colors.
- Deploying with a theme will launch Snagit with that theme selected.
- Fixed an issue in Snagit Editor where tool switching created a new quick style.
- Added function to recognize your USB webcam when internal webcam is corrupted.
- Fixed menu in video tab of capture window to show default microphone device.
- Fixed an issue where Snagit Editor was not writing to some hidden setting files.
- Fixed several Smart Move issues when using Undo and Redo.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to capture the cursor on Windows 7 64-bit.
- Snagit Editor no longer needs to be manually focused for Ctrl-C to work on first launch.
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
19 December, 2017: Snagit 2018.0.2
- Fixed an issue where Snagit sometimes prevents Enterprise machines from creating User Profiles.
- Added option to disable automatic crash dump generation for Enterprise users.
- Updated all unlock buttons on trial countdown screens to say "Enter Software Key."
- Changed button text on initial screen to "Sign In to Start Trial" and "Enter Software Key."
- Fixed a crash on launch when Windows Media Feature Pack is not installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows N.
- Fixed a crash in Snagit Editor when in-app messages are updated.
- Fixed a crash on Windows 7 when processing video captures.
- Updated Grab Text results window to support exiting via Esc key.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Snagit to be slow and unresponsive at startup.
14 November, 2017: Snagit 2018.0.1
- Fixed issue where sometimes arrows had no arrowheads and would create a new Quick Style.
- Fixed floating text properties so now they show font name consistently.
- Fixed crash when canceling a video initialization.
- Changes to German UI layout.
- Fixed photo quality auto-fill so it no longer ignores transparency.
- Fixed crash that could prevent the Snagit Editor from launching.
- Fixed crash that could occur when trying to sign into Snagit.
- Fixed issue that could cause Snagit to prevent Windows from shutting down.
- Fixed memory leak in the TechSmith updater.
24 October, 2017: Snagit 2018.0.0
- Quickly move text or move objects around in images that you have captured. Keep your image content up to date when UIs and the underlying technology changes.
- Communicate changes, suggestions, or give feedback by swiftly editing your captures.
- Do more than just move text around in your capture and choose to edit it directly.
- Choose to capture text on your screen or find and copy text after capture from the whole image or select an area in the image to get specific text.
- Added In-app messages for onboarding (keep a look out for banners in Snagit Editor for helpful tips).
- Drag images and videos from the tray into your OS as a png or mp4.
- Recently used fonts in your OS show at the top of the list in Snagit Editor.
- Resolved several bugs and added other workflow improvements.