When importing a file the following error appears.
Make sure the file format is supported in Camtasia.
- Camrec: files are no longer supported in Camtasia 2020 or later.
- MP4: video must be encoded with the H.264 codec or H.265 if you have the supported hardware.
- TREC: Bytefence may cause this error and corrupt the TREC files. To resolve this issue, uninstall ByteFence in Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program.
- TREC: If this error occurs after recording, the TREC file may be corrupt and unrecoverable.
- Make sure media is imported from a local drive, and not from a network, external, or cloud drive.
- MOV from Apple Device: H.264 and PNG codecs only. For more information, see this article. If video file is from an iPhone 7 or later and running iOS 11, change the video format in Settings > Camera > Formats and choose Most Compatible.
- AVI: make sure the codec used to encode the AVI is installed on the machine. For example, if the file is encoded with the Xvid codec, install the Xvid codec on your machine.
If none of these solutions resolve the problem, please submit a support ticket.