When taking a scrolling capture of a Microsoft Excel document, the capture fails, or is incorrect.
Please try the suggestions below if you are experiencing trouble with taking a scrolling capture of a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet.
Option 1: Panoramic Capture (Snagit 13 and Later Only)
If the auto scroll is failing, please try the panoramic capture option. Here is a video tutorial on the panoramic capture method in Snagit 13 and later.
For Snagit 12 and earlier, try the custom scroll method. See this support article for instructions on how to use the custom scroll method in Snagit 12 and earlier.
Option 2: Copy from Clipboard
- Select the area of the worksheet you would like to capture.
- Right-click the selection and choose Copy.
- Open the Snagit Editor, and click File > New from Clipboard
- For chart sheets, all of the scroll bars must be visible for Snagit to be able to auto scroll and capture the document successfully. If the scroll bars are not visible then you may notice that your capture is incomplete, not stitched properly (you may see sections repeated in the capture), or the capture may fail with an error message.
- The Snagit COM API does not support scrolling capture for chart sheets.
- Snagit does not support scrolling captures of custom views of a worksheet or chart.
- Snagit does not support scrolling captures of the Print Preview screen.
- If in the Page Layout view of Excel, the scrolling capture may fail. If this happens, try changing the Windows theme. This can be done by right-clicking your Desktop > Personalize > Window Color and Appearance and try changing to a Classic theme.
- Make sure that no cells or callouts are being edited when you initiate the capture process in Snagit. This may cause the capture to fail.
- Snagit does not support scrolling capture of a work sheet pane (it will always scroll the upper left most pane).