After taking a capture, Snagit failed to load and a blank image appears in the Editor.
Snagit does not have the ability or permission to write in the DataStore.
Remove/Create a New DataStore
- Close Snagit.
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and select Task Manager. In Windows 10 and Windows 8, the processes are under Details. Please confirm the following processes are not running:
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK:
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and Vista: %LocalAppData%\TechSmith\Snagit\
- Windows XP: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\TechSmith\Snagit
- Copy and paste the DataStore folder in your Desktop for backup. The DataStore folder contains all your old Snagit captures.
- Delete the DataStore folder.
- Open Snagit.
Snagit creates a new DataStore folder to store your future captures.
To add your old captures to the Library, double-click the SNAG files in the backup DataStore folder.