The TechSmith account sign in page offers a few different options for signing in on a particular device, using the account chooser.
The account chooser makes it easy to sign in to your TechSmith account by remembering the accounts you have signed in with on a particular device or browser. The account chooser is enabled by default, by having the "Don't remember me" option unchecked.
Using the account chooser with third party authorization
Your TechSmith account allows you to sign in using popular tools like Google, or Azure Active Directory. The account chooser will remember the service that you use to sign in on a particular device or browser, making it easier and faster to sign in next time. If there are multiple accounts listed on the account chooser, the icon in the upper right corner of the account ID will indicate the authorization service being used.
Disable the account chooser
The account chooser can be disabled if using a public or shared device. To disable the account chooser, check the "Don't remember me" box.
When should I disable the account chooser?
We recommend disabling the account chooser if you are accessing your TechSmith account on a shared device. Some examples of when you might enable or disable the account chooser are listed below.
- Private device that only I use >> Enable
- Shared device with private user accounts >> Enable
- Family devices with a shared profile >> Disable
- Shared device in a lab, or conference room >> Disable
- Public device shared by many users >> Disable
Preventing unauthorized access
If using a shared device, you may wish to take extra measures to prevent unauthorized access to your TechSmith account.
- Use the private browsing mode on your device
- Google Chrome (Incognito)
- Internet Explorer (InPrivate Browsing)
- Microsoft Edge (InPrivate Browsing)
- Mozilla Firefox (Private Browsing)
- Apple Safari (Private Browsing)
- Opera (Private Browsing)
More information about OpenID and the account chooser can be found at www.accountchooser.com.