This behavior occurs when a video file fails to load within SmartPlayer, TechSmith's video player. Depending on the circumstances, there are a few reasons you may see this error.
- Upload did not finish or files are missing - This error may occur if all of the files have not finished uploading. Be sure to upload all of the files that Camtasia produces.
- Windows 7, Internet Explorer 10 and 11 - These browsers only support videos with dimensions of 1920x1080 or less. If the video you are attempting to watch is greater than 1920x1080, you will need to either use another browser, such as Chrome or Firefox, or re-encode the video with smaller dimensions.
- Insufficient file permissions - For content hosted within OneDrive or other web hosts such as Google Drive, this error may occur if you do not have permission to access all of the content files.
- Incorrect server configuration - This error may occur if the mime type for MP4 files has not been configured on the hosting web server. See here for more instructions on how to set that up.
- In very rare circumstances, some browsers may experience trouble playing videos after a laptop has switched video card sources. We have seen this occur when transitioning to and from docking stations and power sources. If this occurs, please close and re-open your browser to fix the problem.