The following error appears: "We're sorry, but we are unable to connect to this content. Please try refreshing the page or click here for more help."
This occurs when a video fails to load within Smart Player, TechSmith's video player. This error may occur when:
- The upload did not finish or files are missing. This error may occur if all of the files have not finished uploading. Make sure to upload all of the files in the Camtasia production.
- On Windows 7, Internet Explorer 10 and 11 only support videos with dimensions 1920x1080 or less. If the video is greater than 1920x1080, you will need to view the video in another web browser, such as Chrome or Firefox, or re-encode the video with smaller dimensions.
- Insufficient file permissions - For content hosted on OneDrive or other web hosting services, such as Google Drive, this error may occur if you do not have permission to access all of the content files.
- Incorrect server configuration - This error may occur if the mime type for MP4 files has not been configured on the hosting web server. To learn how to configure this, see this article.
- In very rare circumstances, some browsers may experience trouble playing videos after a laptop has switched video card sources. We have seen this occur when transitioning to and from docking stations and power sources. If this occurs, please close and re-open your browser to fix the problem.