The Snagit installation fails with "Error Code: (1) Incorrect Function"
- Reboot the computer.
- Right-click on the installer file and choose Run as administrator.
- Download the MSI installer for the version of Snagit you are trying to install. The MSI can be downloaded from our Downloads Page by selecting the version from the dropdown, then click the MSI via HTTP download link.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Windows Run window.
- Click Browse.
- Click All Files.
- Browse to where the MSI (from step 1) was downloaded to. Select the MSI and click Open.
- At the end of the path in the Run window, add:
/qb /l*v log.txt
If the MSI were saved to the Downloads folder, the command would look like:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Downloads\snagit.msi /qb /l*v log.txt
- Click OK.
- Snagit should begin to install. Once the installer window disappears, check to see if Snagit has installed successfully.
If there is still an error or if Snagit is not installed, please submit a support ticket and include the log.txt file from Option 2 in your ticket. The log.txt file will be in the same location as the MSI file on the computer.