Capture Help Content
Product Usage FAQ:
- How do I install?
- How do I update?
- How do I record audio?
- How do I access my videos and images?
- Is Jing still available?
- I am out of storage. What can I do now?
- I am out of bandwidth. What can I do now?
- How do I view my storage or bandwidth?
Product Usage FAQ
How do I install?
- Sign into Screencast. Click the Launch Capture button.
- The launch website opens. If a prompt appears, allow your computer to open the application. If you are unable to launch TechSmith Capture, click the Download and Install link.
How do I update?
TechSmith Capture automatically updates. When launching the app a new version will be downloaded if available and the next time Capture is opened the new version will be installed.
How do I record audio?
Once video recording has been selected, both the microphone and system audio can be turned on for recording:
Microphone Audio: Record the audio from your computer's built-in microphone or from a connected USB microphone. Select an audio recording device from the microphone drop-down.
- System Audio: Record the sound from your computer such as application alerts or the audio playing from your computer speakers.
How do I access my videos and images?
Sign into Screencast. Once logged in you can do the following:
Is Jing still available?
Jing has been retired due to Adobe’s plans to retire Flash at the end of 2020. This means that the current video format .swf will no longer be supported by web browsers. More information can be found in this FAQ.
I am out of storage. What can I do now?
Storage is the total amount of data you can have on Screencast.com at a given time. Each file you upload uses a portion of your storage limit. If a file is deleted, its portion of your storage limit is free once again. Free accounts have 2 GB of storage space and Pro accounts have 30 GB.
I am out of bandwidth. What can I do now?
Bandwidth is how data transferred over the internet is measured. Viewing a 13 MB file requires the transfer or download of 13 MB of data. If that file is downloaded or viewed twice, then 26 MB of data is used. Files that are partially downloaded, like when only half a video is viewed, only use up the approximate proportion of data that was actually downloaded/viewed. On Screencast.com, the amount of total bandwidth you have is dependent on whether you have a Free (2 GB) or a Pro (240 GB) account. If you need more bandwidth, upgrade to a Pro account. Your transfer bandwidth is reset to 0% used each month based on the day you purchased your Pro account or signed up for your free account.
How do I view my storage or bandwidth?
Sign into Screencast and then click My Account in the account widget.
- In the Account Information section, view the amount of bandwidth used in the current month and how much storage space you have left.
- If you require more storage space or bandwidth, upgrade to a Pro Account.