Users have reported that Camtasia will not start up, or it will start up once and then never again.
We have found this to be a conflict with a software program called CrowdStrike. One workaround we have found is to disable our anonymous usage data tracking.
- Exit Camtasia and the Camtasia Recorder. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Browse to:
- Camtasia 2021: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\21.0
- Camtasia 2020: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\20.0
- Camtasia 2019: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\19.0
- Camtasia 2018: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\18.0
- Click the 21.0, 20.0, 19.0, or 18.0 folder (depending on your version).
- Right-click the
Camtasia 2020 and later: AnalyticsOptedIn item on the right and select Modify.
Camtasia 2018 and later: TrackerbirdOptedIn item on the right and select Modify.
- Change the Value data from 1 to 0 and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor, and open Camtasia.