When pasting from Snagit into Gmail, the image is blank, or does nothing when trying to paste.
Step 1: Disable transparency on the clipboard through Snagit
We are currently investigating a bug that causes images copied from Snagit that include a transparent background to no show up when pasted in Gmail. As a workaround, make the following changes to the Snagit Editor preferences.
- Open the Snagit Editor.
- Browse to the file menu File > Editor Preferences > Outputs tab.
- Check the box to "Disable image transparency on clipboard" and click OK.
Step 2: Enable HTML Email in Gmail
Images can only be pasted into HTML based emails. This is the default setting for Gmail, however if the setting is changed to plain text, then it will not be possible to paste an image into the body of the email. To change the setting:
- Compose a new message in Gmail.
- Click on the down arrow icon in the bottom right corner of the new message.
- Make sure the option for "Plain text mode" is not checked.