After clicking Record in Camtasia Editor to launch the Recorder, the editor minimizes but the Recorder never opens.
Option 1: Run Camtasia as an Administrator
Try running Camtasia as an administrator by right-clicking the Camtasia shortcut and selecting Run as Administrator.
Option 2: Reset Camtasia
Camtasia 2018.0.6 and Later
- Open Camtasia.
- Select Edit > Preferences > Advanced.
- Click Reset Settings.
- Click Reset.
Camtasia 2018.0.5 and Earlier
- Exit Camtasia and the Recorder. Confirm that they are not running in Task Manager.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: regedit
- Browse to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio\#. The '#' is your current version of Camtasia that is installed.
- Right-click the folder and select Delete.
- Close the Registry Editor and open Camtasia.
Option 3: Force Close Camtasia Recorder
- Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open the Task Manager.
- Find Camtasia Recorder.
- Right-click Camtasia Recorder and select End Task.
- Reopen the Recorder.
Option 4: Adjust Save Preferences
This can happen after trying to open the Recorder to do a second recording. In this case, try adjusting the save preferences in Camtasia.
- Restart the computer.
- In Camtasia Recorder, select Tools > Options > General.
- Click File Options.
- Select Ask for File Name and click OK.
- Click Program and deselect Hide preview window after recording is stopped.
- Try a new recording.