How do I record a Powerpoint or Keynote presentation using Camtasia for Mac?
- Open your presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Open Camtasia and then choose File > New Recording...
- Set your camera and audio options as needed in the recorder window:
- Camera video(1):
Click to enable camera video. From the Camera menu, select the camera device, such as the built-in FaceTime or a USB camera. A preview of the camera appears.
- Microphone audio(2):
Click to enable microphone audio (it should be on by default). From the audio drop down menu, select the microphone you wish to use.
- System audio (3):
Click to enable system audio recording. System audio is the sound from your computer including mouse click sounds, audio from your speakers, etc. If the TechSmith Audio Capture Component is not installed, click the Need System Audio help button to install it.
- Click the Start Record button or press Command-Shift-2 to start recording.
- Once the count down has finished, open your presentation and put it in either full screen mode or presentation mode. Narrate your presentation as you go through with it.
- At the end of the presentation, click the Esc key to exit the presentation. Press Command-Shift-2 to pause the recording. Give the recording a name and click Complete.