28 June, 2018: Snagit 2018.2.1
- Resolved edited marker showing on incorrect capture.
- Resolved fullscreen video recording buttons staying on screen after video recording on 10.13.
- Resolved captures being imported out of order.
- Resolved clicking a video timeline does not jump the playhead .
- Resolved unable to reset effect styles when clicking on an item.
- Fixed crash when authenticating with Dropbox for the first time.
- "Make Plain Text" now visible in dark theme.
- Other bug fixes, localization updates, and performance improvements.
19 June, 2018: Snagit 2018.2.0
- Added French language.
- Added polygon option to Selection tool.
- Added cursor view to Eraser tool to show area that will be erased.
- Added new shapes to Blur tool properties and the ability to rotate blur objects on the canvas.
- Added “Make Plain Text” button to Grab Text window.
- Added file conversion for unsupported CMYK files.
- Improved Quick Styles icons in Eraser tool.
- Improved vertical and horizontal flipping for Step tool.
- Resolved background fill offset by 1 pixel when using autofill after selection.
- Resolved blurs that were not snapping to the edge of the canvas.
- Resolved Snagit Editor not copying/pasting image from Google Docs.
- Resolved bug where Step tool text was displayed off-center.
- Added better spacing for objects while snapping.
- Improved snap guidelines.
- Added Hotkey to temporarily turn snapping on/off.
- Resolved bug to show when microphone audio is detected during recording.
- Resolved bug where recording might not complete when using a webcam.
- Webcam light no longer flashes when you stop recording.
Other Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Improved handling of multi-selected objects.
- Improved ability to use arrow keys to move canvas objects.
- Resolved bug where Quick Look continues to display in Snagit Editor.
- Resolved Snagit Editor crash after clicking on color picker.
- Resolved Snagit Editor crash after quickly using Grab Text multiple times.
17 April, 2018: Snagit 2018.1.2
- Fixed right click to delete a tag.
- Fixed transparent swatch not appearing on some tools.
- Fixed an issue where the capture date was not reflecting the correct day the capture was originally taken.
- Fixed a cursor update issue for the Option/Alt key press when drawing Shapes.
- Fixed an issue with images dragged from the web to the Editor.
- Fixed an issue with randomly generated Quick Styles.
- Repeat Last Capture is no longer broken with Panoramic capture.
- Recent fonts are saved when the Editor is closed.
- Fixed broken thumbnails in the Library.
6 March, 2018: Snagit 2018.1.1
- Reduced memory usage by Capture Helper (menubar icon).
- Added ability to access UI when recording your webcam while in full-screen mode.
- Fixed Fill tool so previously filled areas in visible image remain after restarting Snagit.
- Removed artifacts left after moving objects on the canvas when zoomed in greater than 100%.
- Added ability to drag and drop files into Library from other image applications like Photo.
- Enabled File > Print when viewing images in Library.
- Improved security when sharing to Screencast.com.
- Fixed image exports from Library so file data (TIFF) matches file extension (PNG).
- Added ability for custom polygon shapes to be imported/exported with themes.
- Fixed polygon shapes so they can be copied and pasted without changing shape.
- Fixed issue where transparent color was not available after moving shapes, callouts, or text using Move tool.
- Added T arrows as a quick style when creating a new theme.
- Rotated callouts no longer have a black background except for square callouts that still have an outline.
- Advanced properties for callouts are now visible when the callout is selected on the canvas.
- Fixed memory leaks related to callouts.
- Improved the messaging when saving to an inaccessible folder location.
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
6 February, 2018: Snagit 2018.1.0
- Added Polygon to Shape Tool.
- Allows you to create your own multi-sided shapes quickly with our polygon option.
- Pasting Text onto the Canvas.
- Creates a new text box on the canvas when copying and pasting text from another location.
- Added ability for autofill to work with spreadsheet grids.
- Manual selections now show the size of the selection area.
- Improved speed of autofill on large images.
- Use the new T-style arrow head to show measurements in the Arrow tool.
- Can now choose "Don't show this again" option in the missing captures alert.
- Adding or removing outline color in tool properties will now add or remove line width in properties.
- Reduced Capture Helper CPU usage when idle.
- Escape key allows users to exit the editor when in full-screen mode.
- Fixed an issue where arrow keys could not be used to move Smart Move objects.
- Added option to suppress notification of “missing fonts in themes” that was showing on every launch of Snagit.
- Customize toolbar menu is no longer misaligned on 4k displays.
- [macOS 10.13 Only] View-only support for HEIF images.
- Fixed auto-suggestions for tagging in the Library.
- Fixed an issue where users could only remove one tag at a time on captures in the library.
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to embed images into Microsoft Outlook when using Share > Outlook output.
- Captures shared to Microsoft PowerPoint will now be added to the current slide, if possible.
- Videos can be shared to Microsoft Office Applications.
- Turned the FTP tag examples into clickable buttons.
- FTP custom code corrected to work with German characters.
- Get Started with Snagit button now shows correctly after entering a software key.
- [macOS 10.12.6] Entering a Software Key no longer causing Snagit to unexpectedly quit.
12 December, 2017: Snagit 2018.0.2
- Added a tooltip for modified Recent Tray items
- Fixed a crash in the library if a trailing backslash existed on a tag
- Fixed intermitted errors when loading Snagit projects, in the library
- Snagit/OS Grab integration: fixed a crash when using the system grab integration
- Magic Wand: Improved scaling when resizing filled canvas objects
- Grab Text: Now allows text in the about dialog to be copied
- Grab Text: Improved progress transitions
- Canvas Snapping: Improved keyboard support when moving objects along a straight line
- Improved support for macOS High Sierra [10.13.2]
- Localization improvements for German
14 November, 2017: Snagit 2018.0.1
- Fixed an issue causing an error when trying to use presets from Snagit Mac v4.
- Fixed issue where importing images into library caused Snagit Editor to become unstable.
- Fixed crash when saving a video that has edits.
- Improved sharing to and from Google Drive.
- Improved messaging when reusing capture shortcuts that were already in use.
- Improved sharing to Microsoft Office products.
- Improved Retina support for shared captures.
- Improvements to Grab Text recognition.
- Various other bug fixes and performance improvements.
24 October, 2017: Snagit 2018.0.0
- Quickly move text or move objects around in images that you have captured. Keep your image content up to date when UIs and the underlying technology changes.
- Communicate changes, suggestions, or give feedback by swiftly editing your captures.
- Do more than just move text around in your capture and choose to edit it directly.
- Choose to capture text on your screen or find and copy text after capture from the whole image or select an area in the image to get specific text.
Snapping on the Canvas
- Drag objects around in Snagit Editor and they will snap to align with other objects or the canvas itself.
- Added In-app messages for onboarding (keep a look out for banners in Snagit Editor for helpful tips).
- When using the native capture tool, Grab, choose to save images to Snagit for editing or file conversion.
- Added pixelated blur.
- Added option to cancel some share destinations during share.
- Added MOV video file support.
- Resolved several bugs and added other workflow improvements.