When recording a video, how can the audio that is pre-recorded be in sync with the new recording?
This capability is not supported in Camtasia Mac but there is an easy workaround.
Camtasia Mac 3 and Later:
If you are working with audio that you recorded first, follow the instructions below:
- Import or record audio track in Camtasia. To import audio, select File > Import > Media.
- Move the audio track to the right on the timeline to leave several seconds of silence at the beginning. Move the Playhead to the start of the timeline.
- Click Record. The Recording screen will open and the Editor will be minimized to the dock.
- Set recording options to include Screen and System Audio, then click Start Recording.
- Click the minimized Editor window on the dock. It will expand back onto the screen. Click Play to start playback of the existing audio on your timeline, then press Command-H to hide the window again.
- When playback gets to the recorded audio portion, begin recording your video track.
- Once you have all tracks recorded, select and delete the unneeded portion of your project at the start of the timeline.