- Download Camtasia Mac DMG from here
- Go to this location: /Users/Shared/TechSmith/Camtasia/
- Inside of the Camtasia folder, create a text file named: LicenseKey. Do NOT put the .txt extension in the filename or allow a .txt extension to automatically be added to the file name. See example below:
- Deploy that text file to all your users *make sure the users have read and write access to the entire Users folder structure.
- Once they load Camtasia for the first time, it will read the license key and unlock Camtasia 2020.
Camtasia (Mac) can be installed by automated tools including Apple Remote Desktop. The following files must be copied to client machines for a serialized installation to work:
- Camtasia.app to /Applications
- Camtasia Registration Key to /Users/Shared/TechSmith/Camtasia
The Camtasia Registration Key file is generated on Camtasia's first run and is unique for any specific key. Run Camtasia on one computer, enter the key, and then copy that machine's Camtasia Registration Key.
The above method is only valid with a single multi-user key and not individual keys. Note that this installation method does not apply for copies of Camtasia purchased through the App Store.
We recommend downloading the latest Camtasia (Mac) disk image version here and copying Camtasia.app for install.