What is the best audio format to use in Camtasia?
The default audio format for the Camtasia Recorder is AAC 44.100 Hz. This is the recommended audio rate for recording.
External audio interfaces are not currently supported with Camtasia. A direct USB connected microphone is recommended for the best experience in Camtasia.
If recording in a 3rd party application such as Audacity, export the audio at as PCM 44.100 Hz. This will work better than exporting in MP3.
Export Audio in Audacity
- Open a new project.
- Select File > Import > Audio.
- Select your audio and click OPEN.
Save a copy of your audio file before making any changes.
- Change the Project Rate (Hz) setting to 22050 or 44100 at the bottom left of the window.
- Select File > Export > Export as WAV.
- Save audio as WAV (Microsoft) signed 16-bit PCM.
- Import the new WAV file to Camtasia.