The Camtasia Recorder shuts down when the computer randomly shuts downs or some other technical reason occurs.
These are the various options to resolve this solution.
Option 1: Built-in Disaster Recovery in Camtasia Recorder
The recorder has a built-in disaster recovery feature that will attempt to auto-recover a failed recording.
- Open Camtasia Recorder.
- Click Recover to retrieve the recording.
If this does not retrieve it, please follow option 2.
Option 2: Auto Recover in trecRec Folder
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following and click OK: %temp%
- In this location find the trecRec folder and copy that entire folder to your desktop
- Start a new recording in the Camtasia Recorder with the same settings you used previously and while the recording is running press ctrl+alt+delete and open up Task Manager
- Select the Camtasia Recorder and end the task to force close while recording
- Navigate back to the %temp% location from Step 2 and find the trecRec folder again
- Delete it out of the location and replace in that location instead with the original folder you brought to the desktop in Step 3
- Launch the Camtasia recorder again to see if it tries to recover the file