Camtasia project that contains recording created from Zoom (MP4) has blurry or scrambled video, when produced.
Currently, the issues can be caused due to a bug in decoding video with Microsoft that, in turn, is causing issues with our ability to decode/ render the video. Unfortunately we are dependent on Microsoft for a solution, however we have some options to get around the issue.
Option 1: Change settings in Zoom
It has been reported that the setting "Optimize the recording for 3rd party video editor" may help with create new recording that would work with Camtasia without issues. To change this setting, please do the following:
- Open the Zoom (Windows) App
- Click on your user icon in the top right
- Choose Settings>Recording
- The video dimensions are set in File > Project Settings.
- Check the box next to "Optimize the recording for 3rd party video editor"
Option 2: Re-Encode the Video
If changing the setting above does not help, or if you have media that was already created that is exhibiting this issue, re-encode your video using the application Handbrake can work with properly with your computer: