Use this guide to troubleshoot the problems with activating Camtasia on a Proxy Server.
Before proceeding, please make sure that the computer that Camtasia is being installed on meets the minimum system requirements. Also make sure that all Windows updates are installed. See this Microsoft support article for instructions on how to check for updates.
Option 1: Add the following addresses in your proxy server to the Allow List
Camtasia also needs to be able to communicate over ports 443 and 80.
*You may only need port 443.
Option 2: Add proxy information into a XML file
- Go to this location: C:\Users\Public\TechSmith\Camtasia\License
- Find the proxyConfig-TSCLicensing.xml
- Insert the Proxy IP (you can put in the host name of the proxy server instead if you wish)
- Insert the port used for the proxy server
- Enter a username and password for the proxy server if it is required *This is only required if each end user would have to put in a username and password to send information through the proxy. Leave blank otherwise.