Add an interactive table of contents to your video to create navigation points for your viewers.
The TechSmith Smart Player is required for table of contents, closed captions, search, quizzing, and hotspots in a video. To include the TechSmith Smart Player, produce the video to MP4 or share to Screencast.com.
Create a Table of Contents (TOC)
Add markers on the timeline as navigation points in your video table of contents. The marker names appear as table of contents entries in the video.
- To show the marker track, click the Quiz/Marker dropdown menu and select Marker or press Ctrl+M.
- Click to add markers to the desired location on the timeline.
- Right-click on the marker and select Rename. Type a name.
To learn more about editing markers, see Add Markers.
Produce a Table of Contents (Windows)
- Choose Share > Screencast.com or, to create an MP4 file with custom TOC settings:
- Select Share button > Custom production > New Custom Production > MP4 - Smart Player (HTML 5) > Next > Next > Next > Marker options.
- On the Marker options screen, choose the desired TOC options.
- Step through the rest of the Production Wizard to complete the production process.
- Upload the final video to Screencast.com.
|Table of Contents Option||Description|
|Number marker entries||Number the table of contents entries sequentially in the produced TOC.|
|Table of contents initially visible||
Enable to show the table of contents when the video plays.
If disabled, the viewer will need to click the TOC button on the video controller to view the table of contents.
|Enable or disable markers for TOC entries||Disable any markers you do not want to appear in the table of contents.|
|Rename||Double-click the TOC entry in the list and type a new name.|
|Fixed Left||Choose to position TOC on the left side of the video.|
|Fixed Right||Choose to position TOC on the right side of the video.|
Produce a Table of Contents (Mac)
- Select Share > Screencast.com or Share > Local File > File format > Export to MP4.
- Select one of the following to export a video with a table of contents:
- For Screencast.com: Log in and select the Create table of contents from markers option. Click Share.
- For Export as Web Page: Select the Create table of contents from markers option. Click Export.
To use the interactive TOC in the video, click the Table of Contents button on the player bar.