Camtasia Recorder records exactly what you want: whether it's the entire screen, specific dimensions, a region, a window, or an application. It is designed to be simple and easy-to-use starting with your first recording—just click the Record button and begin your onscreen activity.
- Choose the screen area to record:
- Full screen (default)
- Click the Custom dropdown and select standard recording dimension.
- Custom area:
- Click the Custom dropdown and select the Choose Region option (Mac) or the Select area to record option (Windows).
Tip: Hide Desktop Icons on Mac
Select the Camtasia icon in the Menu Bar > Hide Desktop Icons.
Camtasia records both the screen and webcam. For webcam only, delete the screen recording track in Camtasia Editor.
- System audio is recorded by default.
- Microphone audio is recorded by default. Click the audio dropdown to select the microphone or audio device.
TIP: Run a sample recording to test the audio.
- No Audio: Make sure the audio device is on and connected.
- Low Audio: Drag the audio slider to increase the audio level. Make sure you select the correct audio device in the dropdown.
The TREC recording file is added to the Media Bin in Camtasia Editor.
|Option||Windows Shortcut||Mac Shortcut|
|Add a Marker||Ctrl+M|
Camtasia Recorder automatically records:
- Keyboard shortcut data to generate keystroke callouts in Camtasia Editor
- Cursor data to customize the cursor in Camtasia Editor
This help topic is for Camtasia version 2019. If you have a previous version, upgrade to the latest version of TechSmith Camtasia or view the help for another version in the Previous Versions section.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.