Confirm That the Key Matches the Software Version
License keys are version-specific. Please download the correct version for your license key.
If you are unsure which version you own, add the key to your TechSmith account. See this support article.
Confirm the Key Is Entered Correctly
When entering the key in the software, follow these recommendations:
- Make sure there are no empty spaces at the beginning or end of the key.
- Copy and paste the entire key instead of entering it manually.
- If you type in the key, verify that you are typing all occurrences of the number zero as 0 and not the letter o.
- Please keep in mind that the current versions (single-user and multi-user) of Snagit and Camtasia use a 25-character key (for example, XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX).
Relaunch Camtasia (Camtasia Mac Invalid Key Message)
After confirming that your software key is entered correctly, please try the following steps to see if relaunching Camtasia fixes your issue:
- Close Camtasia and confirm that it's not running by accessing Activity Monitor.
To find Activity Monitor on a Mac, go to your Applications > Utilities folder, and then double-click Activity Monitor. There you'll see a simple app with five tabs, and a list of entries that changes every few seconds.
- Look for Camtasia in the running list of applications.
- Click Finder, and then at the top, select the Go menu. Then click Go to Folder.
- Type in the /Users/Shared/TechSmith/Camtasia/ location and press Enter.
- Delete the License folder.
- Relaunch Camtasia and re-enter your license key.
If You Have an Active Maintenance Agreement
If you have active maintenance and need access to the new version, please visit the following pages: