Quickly record anything on your screen with the new TechSmith Capture video recorder.
Record a Video
- Sign into Screencast. Click the Launch Recorder button.
- The Launch webpage opens. If a prompt appears, allow your computer to open the application.
- If you have not previously installed TechSmith Capture, click the download and install link.
- After you download and install the application, click the relaunch link.
- The Recorder opens. Select the recording settings:
- Screen area selection: Select Fullscreen to record your entire screen or select Region to record a portion of your screen.The crosshairs appear after clicking the Record button for region recordings. Click and drag to select the area to record.
- Microphone Audio: Select an audio recording device from the Record microphone dropdown.
- Webcam: Record live video from the connected or built-in webcam. Click the link to select the connected camera device. Screen video is not recorded when the webcam option is enabled.
- System Audio: Record the sound from your computer such as application alerts or the audio playing from your computer speakers.
- Record Cursor: Record the cursor to help show where the action occurs on the screen.
Record a 10-15 second test recording to check to make sure your audio and video devices are set up properly.
- Click the Record button or press Shift+F11 (Windows) Command+Shift+1 (Mac).
- The video recording toolbar appears. Review the recording area selected and settings. To start the video recording, click the Record button.
- Click the Webcam button or Microphone Audio button to toggle on/off while recording.
- To pause recording, click the Pause button.
- To stop the recording, click the Stop button.
- The Preview dialog appears. Click the Upload button to upload your content to Screencast.
To share the video, see Share a Single Media File.
For issues installing on MacOS 10.15 Catalina, see this solution.
For quick access, you can add TechSmith Capture to your taskbar. Click the Windows Start button and browse to TechSmith Capture in Apps. Right-click the TechSmith Capture option and select More > Pin to taskbar.
Did you find what you were looking for? Provide feedback.