Video Review Help Content
Product Usage FAQ:
- What is the URL to access TechSmith Video Review?
- What is the difference between a Content Owner and a Reviewer?
- How many people can I invite to review my video or image?
- How many pieces of content can I upload?
- Can I remove access to a reviewer once I've sent an invitation?
- What type of video formats can be uploaded?
- What type of image formats can be uploaded?
- Can others share the link to my review content?
- Does this only work with TechSmith products?
- Do my reviewers need to have Camtasia or Snagit?
- Does TechSmith review my videos?
- Can I export feedback that I receive in Video Review?
- Is video review supported on mobile devices?
- What technical support is available to me?
- What payment options are available?
- Do you offer a monthly plan?
- What is the refund policy for TechSmith Video Review?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- Can my account be transferred to someone else at my organization?
- How can I update my billing for this service?
- How will I be charged for future renewals?
Product Usage FAQ
What is the URL to access TechSmith Video Review?
What is the difference between a “Content Owner” and a “Reviewer”?
A Content Owner is a registered subscriber of TechSmith Video Review. As a Content Owner, you can upload and invite others to review the content.
A Reviewer is someone who has been invited by a Content Owner to review and add comments to a review. A Reviewer cannot upload their own content unless they subscribe or start a trial.
How many people can I invite to review my video or image?
As a subscriber, you can invite up to 15 people to review each video or image that you upload. In most cases, we recommend inviting two to five colleagues, stakeholders, or subject matter experts.
The limit is not currently enforced.
How many pieces of content can I upload?
TechSmith Video Review allows you to have 25 reviews at a time. There are no file size or duration limitations for the content.
If you reach the 25 review limit, you cannot upload additional content until you delete an existing review. See Manage Your Reviews.
The limit is not currently enforced.
Can I remove access to a reviewer once I've sent an invitation?
Yes. See Manage Your Reviews.
What type of video formats can be uploaded?
What type of image formats can be uploaded?
Can others share the link to my review content?
Yes, but only if the permissions for your content are set to "Anyone with the link". If you instead have the permission set to "Only added Reviewers", others will not be able to access your content with the link unless their email address has also been added to the review by the content owner. These reviewers will be required to log in with the email address that has been authorized by the content owner.
Does this only work with TechSmith products?
No, TechSmith Video Review does not require any other TechSmith product to use the service. Any video (MP4) or image (JPG or PNG) can be uploaded and sent out for review.
Do my reviewers need to have Camtasia or Snagit?
No, TechSmith Video Review does not require reviewers to have a license of any TechSmith product to be able to provide feedback on your reviews.
Does TechSmith review my videos?
No, TechSmith Video Review is created as a tool to help customers streamline the process of getting feedback from their peers, subject matter experts, or other stakeholders in their projects. TechSmith does not view your video or offer feedback on it.
Can I export feedback that I receive in Video Review?
Yes, as a content owner you can export comments to a CSV file. See Manage Your Reviews.
Is Video Review supported on mobile devices?
Yes, Video Review is supported on Safari for iOS and Chrome for Android devices.
What technical support is available to me?
For Technical Support, submit a support ticket here. To learn how to use TechSmith Video Review, see our help and video tutorials.
What payment options are available?
The best way for individuals to purchase TechSmith Video Review if via credit card on the TechSmith website, the account logged into while purchasing will receive access to Video Review.
If you need to use a Purchase Order or you are looking to purchase for multiple users, please contact TechSmith Sales.
Do you offer a monthly plan?
At this time we only offer an annual plan.
What is the refund policy for TechSmith Video Review?
Within 30 days of purchase, you can receive a full refund by contacting Customer Support at 1-800-517-3001 or by submitting a refund request online.
After 30 days, you can cancel your account online by visiting myaccount.techsmith.com. This will stop the auto-renew at the end of the annual term you are on, but you will not receive any refund, full or partial, in this scenario.
How do I cancel my subscription?
There are two ways to cancel your subscription:
- Click the Cancel your Subscription button in your receipt.
- Visit https://myaccount.techsmith.com. On the My Account tab, click the Manage Subscription link in the TechSmith Video Review section. Click the Cancel Subscription button.
Can my account be transferred to someone else at my organization?
At this time, you cannot transfer a subscription to another account.
How can I update my billing for this service?
You can update your billing by following the steps here.
How will I be charged for future renewals?
Annual recurring billing will be done via the credit card you provided to our Online Store via FastSpring.
Purchases made via Purchase Order cannot be auto-renewed.