Didn't find the content you're looking for? We add fresh assets to the offering on a regular basis. Please tell us what assets you'd like to see added and we will review every suggestion!
- How am I allowed to use your content?
- How am I not allowed to use your content?
- YouTube has flagged my video with your music. What do I do?
- What does royalty-free mean?
- Can I use downloaded content to create work for a client?
- What payment options are available?
- Do you offer a monthly plan?
- What is the refund policy for TechSmith Assets?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- Can my account be transferred to someone else at my organization?
- How can I update my billing for this service?
- How will I be charged for future renewals?
How am I allowed to use your content?
All of the content on TechSmith Assets is 100% Royalty-Free and designed to be used for both personal and commercial use. All that we ask is that you incorporate the content into your own creative work.
Our license allows for worldwide distribution through all media formats, including online and broadcast. This license is available in perpetuity, so you can use our content even if you choose to cancel your account in the future.
For more information, please visit our Terms of Service below:
How am I not allowed to use your content?
Our content may not be:
- Resold or redistributed as stand-alone files.
- Used in any work of the following variety:
- condoning violence (fictional violence and violence depicted in a documentary are excluded)
- violating the privacy or publicity rights of any third party
- medical supply or health care ads
- political ads
- tobacco ads
- As a trademark, service mark, or logo or in a manner that infringes upon any third party's trademark or other intellectual property right.
- In connection with merchandise or promotional items for sale or distribution.
- You may not claim ownership of any music Asset or otherwise register any music Asset with any "user-generated" content distribution platforms (e.g., YouTube).
YouTube has flagged my video with your music. What do I do?
Because we don't create the songs ourselves (we source them from 3rd parties), other parties may have copyright on the material. In some cases, they (wrongfully) choose to enforce that on YouTube.
If your video is flagged by YouTube as matching a third party claim you will need to dispute the claim through the YouTube dispute process, you will not receive a copyright strike on content ID claims. However, if you dispute the claim without a valid reason the content owner can choose to have the video taken down, if this happens then the account will receive a copyright strike.
When going through the YouTube dispute process be sure to include a copy of your Royalty Free Licensing Agreement that is provided by our music partner.
If you have already disputed the claim through YouTube and are still experiencing difficulty, please contact us and provide the following information:
- The file name as it appears on our site.
- The YouTube link of your video that has received the claim. This is very important - without a link to a specific video (or videos) we cannot move forward in getting the claim released!
- The name of the claimant on your video - this is so we know which company to contact directly to get the claim released. You can find the claimant by logging into your YouTube account, clicking on Video Manager, clicking the "Matched third party content" link next to your video, and looking for the company name under the Claimant heading.
What does royalty-free mean?Royalty-free is a type of license that allows unlimited use of copyrighted material or intellectual property without the need to pay royalty or license fees. Your subscription to TechSmith Assets allows you to use any of our content without having to pay any additional fees.
Can I use downloaded content to create work for a client?
What payment options are available?
Do you offer a monthly plan?
What is the refund policy for TechSmith Assets?A subscription will only be refunded if the request is received within 14 days of the purchase date, provided you have not downloaded more than 5 Assets. Please use our return request form to request your refund. All assets must be deleted prior to the refund being issued. Once your request has been processed, you will receive an email confirmation. Please allow 3-5 business days for the credit to appear on your statement.
How do I cancel my subscription?
There are two ways to cancel your subscription:
- Click Cancel your Subscription in your receipt.
- Visit your TechSmith account. In My Account, click Manage Subscription in the TechSmith Assets section. Click Cancel Subscription.
Can my account be transferred to someone else at my organization?
How can I update my billing for this service?
You can update your billing by following the steps here.
How will I be charged for future renewals?
Annual recurring billing will be done via the credit card you provided to our Online Store via FastSpring.