I am unable to install and use TechSmith Capture on MacOS Catalina.
This is a known issue that we hope to fix in a future release. If you have tried the steps here to install this, and are still unable to open or record, for now please try the following solutions.
- Launch the recorder. If you’re warned about this being an app from the internet, click Open.
- An error displays that Apple can’t check the app for malicious software. Click OK.
- Open System Preferences.
- Open to Security and Privacy.
- Under the General tab, click the Open Anyway button.
- Again, an error displays that Apple cannot check the app for malicious software. This time, click Open.
- The app should open normally. Attempt to start a capture by clicking Record. The app will crash the first time you try to record.
- Navigate back to System Preferences. This time, navigate to the Privacy tab, scroll down to the Screen Recording section and select it, then check the box for TechSmith Capture.
- Try a new recording
If you have both TechSmith Capture and TechSmith Relay Recorder installed, only one will show up here. Checking the box for whichever app is there should fix the issues on both.