Is this a one-time fee?
While the initial purchase is a one-time fee, you must have an active maintenance agreement to continue receiving the benefits of maintenance, including access to minor updates/bug fixes for the products.
As of November 16, 2021, all purchases of Snagit, Camtasia, and the Bundle include one year of Maintenance*. Active maintenance provides access to:
- The latest new releases and features, guaranteed! A new version comes out every year.
- Premium technical support, including live phone and chat, plus expedited response times on email and online tickets (phone support U.S. only).
- Certification training to develop skills, including 20+ exclusive how-to videos each for Snagit and Camtasia.
Additionally, Maintenance benefits also include volume discounts, extended version support, and one software key that lets you easily package, deploy, and manage all your 5+ licenses.
Customers who opt to renew Maintenance annually will continue to receive all the benefits that a current/active agreement offers, including annual releases at a low cost – a great value compared with the cost of an upgrade or a new license.
*Upgrade purchases began including the first year of maintenance on September 1, 2020.
I have maintenance, how do I upgrade Snagit or Camtasia?
If you have an active maintenance agreement, one of the benefits that you receive is free upgrades to the latest software version.
For information about attaining your upgraded licenses covered by maintenance, see:
If you need help finding your key, see this support article.
Am I eligible to upgrade at a discount?
Our upgrade policy has changed as of June 7, 2022.
One of the two most recent versions
If you do not have an active maintenance agreement but are using one of the two most recent versions of Camtasia or Snagit, you can purchase an upgrade to the latest version.
For example, if you have Camtasia 2020 or 2021, you can purchase the upgrade to Camtasia 2022. You can find more information here:
If you have a version older than the two most recent versions, you will need to buy a new license.
For example, if you have Camtasia 2019 or older, you will need to purchase a completely new license to get the latest version:
How do I install the upgrade?
After you purchase the upgrade or receive it for free via an active maintenance agreement:
- You will receive a new software key right to your email. If you need help finding your key, see this support article.
- Download the new software version from the TechSmith's Download Center.
- Install the new software version. See these support articles:
- Snagit (Windows): Installation instructions
- Snagit (Mac): Installation instructions
- Camtasia (Windows): Installation instructions
- Camtasia (Mac): Installation instructions
You do not need to uninstall the previous software version before installing the upgrade.
- Unlock the new software version using the new software key. See these support articles:
Can I install on two computers?
Your single-user license can be installed on up to two machines, for example, you can install your program on both a desktop and a laptop, or on a Mac and Windows machine.
This is a valid use of your license as long as you are the only user and are not using both computers at the same time. For more details, see our End User License Agreement:
You can transfer your license from one user to another (or one computer to another) by uninstalling on the old computer and reinstalling on the new computer using the same software key. See this support article.
Camtasia software keys will work on both Mac and Windows for versions of Camtasia 9 and later.
I have a licensing or software key question
See our License and Software Keys FAQ.