- Where can I find TechSmith’s W-9?
- Am I eligible for the education discount?
- Is this a one-time fee?
- Can I install on two machines?
- I have a licensing or software key question.
Where can I find TechSmith’s W-9?
Access and download our W-9 here: https://www.techsmith.com/w9.pdf.
Am I eligible for the education discount?
The discounted education rate is available to full-time students, staff, and faculty members of K-12 and higher education institutions who will be using the software for an educational purpose.
If you are teaching or training someone in your role, but are not in a school, college, or university environment, you do not qualify for the discount.
If you are still unsure, view the purchase qualifications for education licenses on our website.
Is this a one-time fee?
While the initial purchase is a one-time fee, you must have an active maintenance agreement to continue receiving the benefits of maintenance, including access to minor updates/bug fixes for the products.
As of November 16, 2021, all purchases of Snagit, Camtasia, and the Bundle include one year of Maintenance*. Active maintenance provides access to:
- the latest new releases and features, guaranteed! A new version comes out every year.
- premium technical support, including live phone and chat, plus expedited response times on email and online tickets (*phone support U.S. only)
- Certification training to develop skills, including 20+ exclusive how-to videos each for Snagit and Camtasia
Additionally, Maintenance benefits also include volume discounts, extended version support, and one software key that lets you easily package, deploy, and manage all your 5+ licenses.
Customers who opt to renew Maintenance annually will continue to receive all the benefits that a current/active agreement offers, including annual releases at a low cost - a great value compared with the cost of an upgrade or a new license.
*Upgrade purchases began including the first year of maintenance on September 1, 2020.
Can I install on two computers?
Your single license can be installed on up to two machines- for example, you can install your program on both a desktop and a laptop. This is a valid use of your license as long as you are the only user, and you're not using both computers at the same time.
You can transfer your license from one user to another or one computer to another by uninstalling on the old computer and reinstalling on the new computer using the same software key.
- For more information on uninstalling TechSmith software, please click here.
- Software keys and Download links can often be found in your TechSmith Account under the My Products tab.
- If you receive messaging regarding reaching or exceeding the number of activations available, please see this article for information on how to reset activations.
You can always check out our End User License Agreement online for more details:
I have a licensing or software key question.
See our License and Software Key FAQ.